Free Consultation
Start With a FREE Consultation: Phone Icon (262) 786-7100

Possession of Ambien Wisconsin Fines, Penalties, & Dealing Consequences

Ambien is a a Schedule 4 drug, and under Wisconsin drug laws, illegal possession of it could lead to a Class H felony, with a penalty of up to a $10,000 fine, up to 6 years in prison or both.

Ambien Charges & your record How to beat Ambien Charges Payment plans Free consult

Intent to distribute Ambien (zolpidem) or other non-prescribed prescription drugs is a felony and can result in serious penalties without a good defense. Our Waukesha drug defense attorney provides the best legal defense to get your charges reduced or dropped entirely. We take on cases from all areas of criminal law, including DUI offense charges and firearm possession. Learn more about the OWI penalties in Wisconsin.

Contact the Waukesha law firm for drug charges to schedule your free consultation.

In Wisconsin, how long does an Ambien charge stay on your record?

Illegal possession of Ambien in Wisconsin, if it�s a charged and convicted as a felony, could lead to a $10,000 fine or other penalties, and a permanent listing on your record.

How to beat an Ambien Charge

3 ways to fight an Ambien possession charge:

1. Provide evidence the Ambien doesn’t belong to you.

One of the most common defenses to any criminal charge is to prove you didn’t do it. A knowledgeable, experienced criminal defense attorney will be able to pressure the prosecutor to prove the Ambien found actually belongs to their client.

2. Verify there was an unlawful search and seizure.

If a controlled substance like Ambien is found in “plain view” it may be seized and used as evidence. However, if drugs are found in your home or vehicle without search consent, those cannot be entered into evidence. Proving a violation of your 4th amendment right is a great way to fight an Ambien possession charge.

3. Prove the arresting officer lacked probable cause.

If the arresting officer lacked probable cause for their stop, you could likely prove the stop as unjustified and unlawful. You should always ask yourself - did the officer have a reason to stop me?


Grieve Law Criminal Defense Lawyers

Divergent Family Law Attorneys